The new diesel at Littlehampton in 2011 © Littlehampton Railway









Littlehampton Railway 12 ¼ inch 

The Littlehampton Railway first opened in 1948, to the unusual gauge at the time, of 12 ¼ inches. Two 4-6-4 steam locomotives built by T.J.Thurston, a former employee of famous miniature locomotive builder H.Bullock. The line has gone through many changes, both stock wise and line wise, but is now a similar formation to that built. Trains run from Mewsbrook Park Station where there is a large engine shed, footbridge and turntable, through woodland and past a mini golf course, tennis courts and bowling green to reach Norfolk Road Station, a simple run round station with turntable. The line has recently been refurbished by TIR Ltd, and new stock introduced to the line, comprising of a heavy duty Bo-Bo diesel locomotive and two enclosed coaches.

Address: Hendon Avenue, Mewsbrook Park, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN16 2LX
Telephone: 01460 221303
Operator: TIR Ltd

Line Length: 800 yards, End to End
First opened: 1948

Website: Littlehampton Railway Website






Opening Times: Please see website for details

Fares: Adults £3.00, Children £2.00, Under 3's Free.

LR Page was last updated on the 25th August 2013 with page published.

© 2013 Copyright - Miniature Railway World, All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use any content from Miniature Railway World, without prior permission from the Miniature Railway World team.